Sunday, March 2, 2014

runDisney Princess Half Marathon Expo 2014

I have not posted much lately.  Life has been kind of crazy lately--I have so much going on!  I have joined the Patient Advisory Board at my local hospital to represent NICU parents, taken a bigger role in my NICU parent support group, cub scouts, my kids and of course my duties as a travel agent.  I am so happy to take on these new ventures--but they keep me busy!  Thankfully, my travel agent business has been going well, but it is a lot of work. I think I have things under control now, a new routine--so I am ready to get back to blogging.  Thank you for sticking with me in my little hiatus.








This past weekend was my favorite weekend of the year!  It was runDisney Princess Half Marathon weekend!  For the first time, Mike and I got to go to Princess weekend kid free.  We hoped a plane very early Friday morning.  We were all checked into our resort (Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary) by 10 am.  Right away, we headed to the race expo.  I could not wait to get my race bib, see all of my new runDisney shirts, pick up my pins and Sweaty Bands.



Last year's Princess expo was a disaster!  It was crazy crowded--you could not even walk around because there were people everywhere.  This year was nothing like that!  I walked right in to packet pick up and got my bib, then my shirts.  After that we went to the main expo.  I had a chance to check out the official runDisney merchandise booth, the SparkleSkirts booth, Sweaty Bands and a few other booths I wanted to see.  My last stop was the runDisney booth.  I was hoping to find early registration for Wine and Dine Half Marathon, but no such luck. After picking up some free yogurt at Dannon and some Chiquita bananas, I was ready to head to the parks!

I will be back soon to tell you all about my amazing five day weekend in Walt Disney World!  The Glass Slipper Challenge, Disney Quest, Typhoon Lagoon, and all of the Disney theme parks.

A dream is a wish...

--Amy



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about your journey with the half at Disney World. Please keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete