Wednesday, March 13, 2013

runDisney Disneyland Paris Half Marathon?

runDisney rumor alert!!!

Is a "continent to continent" challenge in the works?
runDisney sent participants of the Princess Half a survey asking the following question:
 
"runDisney is considering hosting a Half Marathon event in Paris, France in the Fall of 2014 (between late September and early November). The Disneyland® Paris Half Marathon race course would wind through both Disneyland Paris theme parks and Disney® Village, with the last 8–9 miles running through the countryside surrounding the Disneyland Paris parks."
 
I had heard a similar rumor a while back, but this seems to indicate that the event is more than in the "rumor" stage. Could it be--a continent to continent medal?  According to the survey, the half marathon price is listed at $70 while a package including hotel, theme park tickets, and race registration is priced at $1,100. That price is really not that bad, depending on how many nights this would provide in a hotel.  The thing that concerns me is the price of airfare.  

Hopefully we'll get more information from runDisney soon! What do you think? Are you getting your passport ready? 

A dream is a wish...

--Amy

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I hadn't heard about this survey! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the survey yesterday and my jaw dropped when I saw this question. I would sign up for this race in an instant. The prices are very competitive and Disney is considering a 4 day/3 night hotel and ticket package for $1100. It is totally worth it in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That price for the trip itself seems high to me for only 4 days (IMO, especially since the race is separate). I say this based on a 8 day tour of Italy (3 cities for $1,200). Mid-Oct from Philly to Paris is $1,200 right now. Could go down, could go up. Love the idea of a race in Paris, I ran there when we went to Europe in 2010, but $1,100 for 4 days? Remember the jet lag that would accompany that. You might not be ready come Sunday to run if you take the package deal. I know. I know. I sound like a jerk. Sorry! I'm the first to want to run in other countries and the only marathon I'm considering is the London one. It sounds fun though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great points Chris! These are things to consider. If I did do that race, I could use jet lag as an excuse to go to Europe a week early, lol.

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of this race, and I already have my passport....Might have to start saving now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great points, Chris! When I arrived in Disney a day early for the Princess Half I planned on spending the day before at Universal. Wow, that was almost s dumb mistake (luckily, someone on this blog warned against it). I think racing in another continent would be fun, but I am not sure I would select a Disney race to do it...? Anyone know of other great destination races (in US or abroad)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know of any good international races. I typically don't pay attention to international races because its not something I ever considered. You know how much of a Disney nerd I am--I would take a runDisney event to get me to do a race in Europe.

      Delete
  6. I would do this race but I wouldn't sign up for the package. I just got back from a trip to Disneyland Paris yesterday. I stay at a cheap hotel one stop away from the parks on the train (it's 7 minutes to get to the park by train). The only down side of my hotel is the lack of bathtub for a post-race epsom salts soak!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw this .. any news? Being in Scotland, a Disney fan and starting to run.. what a great way to do my first 1/2!

    ReplyDelete