Friday, March 27, 2015

runDisney Jingle Jungle 5k 2014

During Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend, runDisney holds a Christmas themed 5k in Animal Kingdom.  It's a little tradition for my son and I to run the event together.  This year we dressed as Elsa and Olaf!  I love Christmas, I love Disney--so I love the Jingle Jungle 5k.

Nathan and I woke up very early.  We snuck around our room so we did not wake up my still sleeping daughter and husband.  It was a chilly morning.  We walked to the bus stop at the resort to wait to board our bus to the start.




We got to the Animal Kingdom parking lot just as the sun was coming up.  We were lucky enough to have corral B bibs, so we did not have to wait to long to start.  The first mile of the race is out around the AK parking lot.  Then we enter the park and the fun begins.  Nathan and I love to stop for all the character along the course.  The fun part about the Jingle Jungle 5k is that some of the characters are dressed up in their holiday best.




After running through Africa and Asia, we went back stage.  For a Disney geek like me, this kind of stuff is so cool!  We got to see the back side of Expedition Everest.  Even cooler is that we got to see the park's Christmas decorations laid out and ready to be put up.








Nathan and I had so much fun running the race together.  He told me about all the other races he wanted to do--5k's only, nothing longer he says.  By the end of the race, it really started to warm up.  We hit the third mile marker just as we exited the park.  Nathan and I could hear the finish line music planning and he started to dance.  It was such a fun way to finish the race.  He was so proud when the medal was put around his neck. Way to go little Buddy!











A dream is a wish...

--Amy



















No comments:

Post a Comment