Sunday, January 4, 2015

My Goals for 2015


Will these be mine? 
Last year brought lots of changes.  We bought a new house, I started my own travel agency and I started a part time job in the accounting field.  Now that those changes have settled in, its time for some new ones.

My big goal for 2015 is to train for a full marathon!  I don't feel sure enough as of yet to say I will complete a full marathon, but my goal is to start training and explore the possibility.  Over the past three years, I have completed 17 half marathons.  When I made the goal three years ago to complete a
half marathon, I never really had any doubt that I could do it.  I knew that I would have to work hard, but I knew I could do it. With all of this running under my belt, I know taking on a full marathon is a completely different animal.  After finishing a half marathon, I typically feel fairly well--but there is no way I could turn around and run another 13.1 miles.  This is what has me terrified to say that I will do a full marathon.

To take on this huge goal, I need to lose weight!  I have a brand new workout plan to start tomorrow.  I will be doing PiYo by Chalene Johnson.  PiYo is a combo of Pilates and yoga. Along with some running mixed in, this will be a great start to my training.  I plan to work hard for the next three with PiYo, clean eating and running--with the goal of losing 25 pounds.  I will reassess in April (when Disney Marathon registration opens up) taking into account how my training is going and where I am mentally.  Wish me luck!  This is something I really want to do.

I need a big goal, something big to work toward. This just may be it. Nothing gets me going like the chance at another Disney experience!

A dream is a wish...

--Amy

1 comment:

  1. How is PIYO going? I am trying to talk Jason into letting me get it but so far..it's a no go. lol.

    ReplyDelete