Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Beach Run

Representing runDisney in OCMD! 
My family went to visit the beach for the weekend in Ocean City, Maryland.  The one thing I wanted to do was do my long run early one morning on the boardwalk.  I have been to OCMD many, many times and I have seen the runners up bright and early, running on the boardwalk.  Last summer, I wanted to run on the boardwalk but I did not have the confidence to actually get out there and do it.  This year I was going to make sure it happened!

I woke up at 6am on Saturday morning and put my running clothes on.  I got to the front door of the house and it was raining.  Not just raining, but pouring!  The wooden boardwalk gets very slippery when its wet, so running on Saturday morning was out.  The forecast for Sunday looked much better, so I was ready for take two.  I woke up bright and early again Sunday and I was ready to go!

My ocean view!
The OCMD boardwalk is 2.25 miles longs.  Since I wanted to do 9 miles, this was perfect!  I did two trips up and back and got exactly 9 miles in.  When I started out, the sun was just rising and it was not to hot.  Once the sun came up, it got hot--quickly!   My biggest pet peeve was all the smokers.  People were hanging out outside the hotels smoking, I guess because can not smoke inside.  When I run through smoke, it kills my lungs.  I usually have to stop and walk to catch my breath.

Running with a view of the ocean was amazing!  I have always been a fan of the ocean and water--I find it very soothing and calming.  Looking out onto the ocean made the hot run so much more enjoyable.

Have you ever run along the ocean?  Do you have a place that you run that you find calming or tranquil?

A dream is a wish...

--Amy

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to have found your blog! I am running my first Disney Run- Marathon!! I can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete