Thursday, November 1, 2012

Virtual Turkey Trot to Benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

I have been training with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training.  I will run the Nike Half Marathon in DC on April 28th, 2013.  I will be running for a reason much more important than the personal challenge of completing a Half Marathon.  As a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program, I have pledged to train on the behalf of all the affected children and their families to help raise money for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and Myeloma research and patient assistance programs.

Leukemia is the #1 disease killer of children and the leading fatal malignant disease of men and women under the age of 35.  Although the cause of leukemia remains unknown, recently developed treatments and steady advances in research bring us closer to a cure every day.  These research advances were only achieved as a result of contributions made by companies, foundations and individuals like you. 


My goal is to raise $3000 by February 1st.   If you would like to help, please consider registering for my virtual Turkey Trot.  For this event, anytime from now until the end of November, run, walk, skip or crawl  your chosen distance—BLING included!  As a thank you for registering, I will send you a finisher medal. This Turkey Trot is a family event!   If you register, your family members can participate too at a discounted rate.  The race distance is at your discretion.  You know your family best.  This race is designed for your family to spend time together and get some physical activity at the same time.  You all will earn your very own medal!   Here's the donation to register:
Donate $20 and you will receive a Turkey Trot medal. 
The medal you will receive! 
Donate $30 will enter you and one other person.  You will receive two medals.
Donate $40 will enter three people.  You will receive three medals.
Donate $50 will enter four.  You will receive four medals.


Number of People Registered:


My goal for this race if for you to have your medals for Thanksgiving morning. I have 100 of them here and ready to go!  I plan to ship medals on November 6th and November 16th in hopes that you will have them for Thanksgiving day.  Because I can not control what happens after I ship, I can not guarantee the medals will arrive before Thanksgiving, but I will work very hard to get them to you in time.  No proof or time needs to be submitted.  You choose your distance and make this a fun event.  Already running a Turkey Trot?  Register for this one and earn a medal while you run your local race.

Thank You!

A dream is a wish...

--Amy

6 comments:

  1. Such an awesome idea. When I brought home my medal from my half my son who is 7 wanted it. I told him I would find a race he could do and get his own medal. This was perfect I chose the two medal option and he can have his very own medal after doing a race with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to register for me...when we get paid...that is a great cause and idea...I'll let you know! Also...I have decided to write a series of blog posts about being thankful..for the month of November...I am trying to start a "Count your many blessings" movement within the blogging community...I will post on Sunday the 4th for Nov. 1-4 then next week 5-11 and so on...are ya with me? Pass it along either way, blessings and hugs! Link back to me if you could!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to help out LLS when I can and both my little guy and me LOVE our medals. I will be signing us up and we will definitely be having a mommy and me run dedicated to this very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Best of luck to you with your fundraising for such a great cause! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Will be my first "virtual RUN" - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I paid my fee on Pay Pal, now what? I'm new to all this so unsure of myself. Can you help a girl out?

    ReplyDelete