Sunday, November 25, 2012

I'm Thankful for Running

This Thanksgiving, among any other things, I am thankful for running.

Mom's Thanksgiving hat, lol
Almost two years ago, I made a choice.  I decided to become a runner and I never looked back!  Running has changed my life in so many way--some expected, but most very unexpected.

When I decided to become a runner, my goal was to complete the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  I started this blog to hold myself accountable.  To do this, I knew I would have to get healthy.  The first time I did was to start moving more. I started running of course--well, mostly walking at first.  Since I do not enjoy running outside in the cold, I joined my gym so I could run/walk on the treadmill.  During all my running research, I read about cross training so I started doing Turbo Fire.  To get healthy, I also had to change my eating habits.  I made the change slowly--I started eating more fruits and veggies, drinking Shakeology and eating cleaner.  These changes have helped me to lose a lot of weight and get fit!  The benefits of running are all the effects I had expected.

What I'm most thankful for--my family
The unexpected outcomes of running are the things I am most thankful for.  First and foremost are the friends I have made.  My running friends are some of the most caring and supportive people I have ever met.  They are so excepting.  I can be myself around them and fell like it fit in.  Running has taken me places I have always wanted to go.  I went to San Diego, Myrtle Beach and San Francisco for half marathon this year.  These are places I have always wanted to go, but probably never would have without running.  These trips were with my Team in Training team mates.  My amazing TNT team is something I am very thankful for.  I have made life long friends, got excellent coaching and had the opportunity to travel.  Best of all, I raised over seven thousand dollars to fight cancer.  Also through running, I met Leigh, the owner of Mousekeplanner.  She hired me on as an Independent Agent, so now I get to share my love of all things Disney with other and help them plan wonderful trips every day.  I would never had met Leigh or had this opportunity if I had not started running.   Along the same line, I have also become a Beach Body Coach.  As a coach, I encourage other to reach their goals.  This helps to keep me on track too, and keeps me positive.

Happy Thanksgiving!
I have so many things to be thankful for--my wonderful family and friends, my house, our health...Here are some of the reason I am thankful for running.  Why are you thankful for running?

A dream is a wish...

Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment