Thursday, June 13, 2013

Insanity!


On Monday, I started the Insanity workout program!  Wow, this stuff is tough!

Insanity is a workout program building quite the buzz in the fitness world.  It seems like everyone is doing it!  Shawn T, the workout's creator of Insanity, promises weight loss, increased muscle mass and increased speed.  Well, that is just up my alley!  I still want to lose about 50 pounds, gain some muscle, and who would not want to get faster?  After watching some friends get amazing results, I decided to give it a try.

The program is only 9 weeks, as compared to 12 or more with a lot of fitness programs.  I am all about more results, less time!  The workouts are 35-40 minutes long--not to long, and easy to fit into anyone's schedule. The main reason I decided to give Insanity a try is to increase my running speed.  After doing my forth workout today I can see why it helps with running speed--you are constantly moving--fast!  This program is cardio on fire!  Shawn T also builds tons of strength training, but you don't need any equipment.  Your body weight is the only resistance needed.   The program is tough, but not to tough.  So far I am loving it!  I will write an update is a few weeks.  Wish me luck!

Have you done the Insanity workout program?  What did you think of it?

A dream is a wish...

--Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment