Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Workout Plan Tweak

This past week I have been thinking about how I can tweak my workouts to get more results—both losing weight and improving my running.  I have been doing a lot of reading online and keep coming back to the same thing—strength training.
 I figure I have a few options.  First, my gym (Strictly Fitness in York, PA) has body pump classes.  This would be a great option, but the classes are at 5:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  My husband is not home from work yet at this time so this option will not work.  I could also hire a personal trainer, but this option is pricy.  I could also do videos at home.  Since I am a Beach Body Coach, I am thinking about giving ChaLEAN Extreme a try.  Have you tried it?  What did you think?
I have also been thinking about changing my weekly routine.  I usually hit a spin class on Monday and Wednesday morning, and then running on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.  My runs lately have been 5k treadmill runs.  This is getting boring!  The official half marathon training plan does not start for a few weeks yet, but I am ready for something new.   My “hike” workouts have been going great though.  It was so hard at first, but it is getting easier.  I guess that means I am improving!  My new plan for runs is do the hike workout for the first mile, then run two more miles.  I also plan to research new outdoor running options in my area. 
What do you do to keep your workouts fresh? 
A dream is a wish…
--Amy
***More great giveaways are coming soon!  Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. I've bought a few of Jillian Michael's DVDs and they're hard, but I really like them. She keeps you moving through different circuits. Since I got a few I can alternate which ones I focus on for the day or week or month. It gives me something fresh and new. I actually got a good deal on 3 of her DVDs from Amazon so check out the bundles they put together.

    I've also used drawn from my past and use a handful of different exercises from my swimming and gym history to create my "go to" exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Jillian's DVDs - try the No More Trouble Zones or the 30 Day Shred for some good strength exercises.
    Instead of using a personal trainer for all of your workouts, maybe just do one or two sessions with one and have them set up a routine for you and take lots of notes and have them work with you on form - that's what I used to do whenever I was changing my strength goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I wanted to change up my strength training, I found a free training program on Active.com's Trainer (http://trainer.active.com/) and also found my 10K Training plan there.

    ReplyDelete