Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fit for a Princess EXPO


Since the Disney Princess Half Marathon is my first half marathon, it is also my first race EXPO.  I have looked at pictures online of last year’s EXPO, but I really don’t know what to expect.  I do know one thing thought—lots of good shopping! 
After I pick up my packet, my first stop will be at SparkleSkirts!  Miss Leah, Queen of Sparkle, has promised me she has some wonderful surprises to unveil.  I love the SparkleTech that I have and plan to wear for the 5k.  Rapunzel is my princess of choice for the half, so I hope Leah has a great skirt for me.  As a wonderful surprise, Alissa from Balancing Act Clothing sent me a Rapunzel shirt.  I can’t wait to wear it, along with my new purple SparkleSkirt! to my first half marathon. 

My next stop at the EXPO will be at the official merchandise booth.  I really want one of the Dooney and Bourke Princess Half wristlets.  I am a purse freak in general.  I have several Disney Dooney and Bourke purses already, but I have a feeling that this one will become an instant favorite.  There are rumors that these will sell out quick, so I really hope I get to the EXPO in time to get one.  One item that they will have at the EXPO that I would like and am not sure I will get is the “I did it” shirt.  I would love to have it, but don’t want to jinx myself.  I have heard they sell them at the finish line also, but that there is a limited supply. 

After hitting up SparkleSkirts and checking out the official merchandise, I plan to wonder around the rest of the EXPO.  I can’t wait to check out all great running gear and samples.  The last place I need to make sure I stop is at the runDisney booth.  Maybe they will take pity on me for not registering for the Disneyland Half in time and let me register there.  I highly doubt it, but I will check it out anyway.  

If my busy schedule allows it, I would love to hear Jeff Galloway speak.  Since I am such a believer in his run/walk/run plan, I would love to meet him in person.  He will be speaking at the EXPO on Friday at 11am and 6pm and Saturday at 11am and 5pm.  I hope to hit the Friday at 11am time.   

What day are you hitting the EXPO?  What do you hope to buy or do there?  Are you planning on checking out any of the speakers?

A dream is a wish…

--Amy

***Please friend me on Facebook and follow my twitter!  Links to both are on the upper right.  I would love to meet up with all of you during race weekend.  It’s getting so close princesses!

10 comments:

  1. I plan on being there all day Friday soaking up all the info from the speakers, checking out the vendors, meeting other princesses. It's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want race gear in your size I would get there early on Friday. Also, if you see anything you like, buy it then because things sell out quickly. Lastly, they did exclusive purses for the Tinkerbell half and those sold out on Friday afternoon so if you want one I would get it after getting your bib and race bag. Hope this helps. Don't forget to enjoy the race, you'll do amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year they also sold the bags in the park. If for some reason you can't get it at the Expo, make sure to check out Magic Kingdom. There was a store on Main Street that had them. Sorry, I don't remember which one though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will not jinx yourself if you buy the I Did It shirt! Take it from me - buy it at the Expo! You will most likely not find it after the race! I'm going to be Rapunzel for the half, also! :0) Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, if you see something you want at the expo, get it. I'm planning on an I did it shirt and a couple of race specific things. Looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck this weekend! Wearing our teamsparkle skirts! Mother-in-law, daughter & me! So looking forward to a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Expo last year. Bring lots of money, I know will since I have a shopping list a mile long....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be there on Friday! I'm excited and I'll be wearing my sparkle skirt too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the great tips! Looks like lots of purple sparkle at the Princess Half!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've poured over the Expo information, planning out the booths we want to visit and the speakers we want to see. Definitely Jeff Galloway!! We'll be going to his later session on Friday.

    ReplyDelete