Thursday, August 4, 2011

Turbo Fire!

I just finished a sixteen week cycle of Turbo Fire. Turbo Fire is hard core and very challenging, but I have really enjoyed it. Chalene is very motivating. It seems like whenever we hit a partially challenging part, Chalene says something that picks me up and keeps me going till the end! I have been a fan of hers for many years now, since I tried my first Turbo Jam DVD.

Over the sixteen weeks, I have done all of the workouts several times. Included in the Turbo Fire system is 10 workouts. The “Fire” workouts are intense cardio classes, ranging from 30 minutes to 55 minutes. The DVD’s also include stretching, toning and sculpting. The genius of the Turbo Fire series is the HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts. These HIIT workouts range from 15 to 25 minutes. Yes, they are short, but affective. Chalene promises that the HIIT sessions burn nine times more fat than a regular aerobic workout. I can believe it! The HIIT workouts are just that…high intensity! After a brief warm-up, the intensity builds quickly. The routine is one minute of high intensity, followed by a minute of low intensity cool down. They are hard work, but doable.

The program comes with an eating plan and a workout schedule. I have not been following the included eating plan, as it is to restrictive for me. I really like the workout schedule. It seems to alternate Fire classes with HIIT classes, with a little stretching and toning mixed in.

I am very happy with my Turbo Fire workouts. The foot work is fun, but not to challenging--even for someone as clumsy as me. It’s like going to a dance party every day in my living room. Chalene keeps it fun and she makes the time fly by. I am not sure if I am going to do another round of Turbo Fire next, or move on to ChaLEAN extreme.  The best thing about Turbo Fire—I have lost about 25 pounds since I started!  You can do it too!  Here is a link to find out more and to order Turbo Fire for yourself.

A dream is a wish your heart makes......

--Amy


Don’t forget to enter the Luna Bar giveaway!  Its ends Saturday!

Blogorama is just one month away!  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I am hoping to try out Turbo Fire soon. Do you follow the workout schedule every day in addition to your running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Turbo Fire! I'm taking a break from it though to focus on running.

    ReplyDelete