Thursday, October 27, 2011

Don't Give Up!

This week has been a tough one for me running wise.  My allergies have been acting up and it has been a lot colder this week.  I have felt more tired this week.   It must be a trend with all of us, because this week I have gotten a few emails from reader telling me the same thing.  One reader even asked me if I think she can do this and do I think she should quit.  Let me be clear—I KNOW that each and every one of you can do this! 
One of my Facebook friends posted something that I found really timely earlier today.  He posted: 
Don’t expect every run to be better than the last one, some you'll feel sluggish and some of them will hurt....but those are the ones that train your mental strength...a very important component in becoming a successful runner!

Well said Ken!  I have been experiencing some not so great runs lately, but I know that I have to keep going.  I know it will get better!  Remember that on your next not so great run. 

While I am quoting, there is another one I want to share with you, brought by my friend Kristin of Bigger Girls Can Run: 

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."-John Bingham
Happy running!
A dream is a wish…
--Amy
Don’t forget to entry my GU giveaway!
I am posting a really big giveaway very soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those are both great quotes! Thanks for sharing Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those quotes! Sometimes reading things like that give me the motivation to get back out there and keep running. Although my runs have been good this week, it's been hard to keep my commitment with everything that's going on in my life. So, know that you are not alone in your struggles my friend! WE CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete