Wednesday, January 9, 2013

How Are Those Resolutions Going?

We are a little over a week into the new year--how are your resolutions going?  Mine are going well.  Instead of making a huge change on January 1st, I decided to make small changes each week.  Last week my change was to drink more water!

I happened to stumble on a Dr. Oz episode episode last week where he was talking about weight loss.  He mentioned that cleansing your liver could help with weight loss.  He continued that our liver does over 500 functions, and it does not function well when it is fatty.  Dr. Oz mentioned that dandelion tea can help reduce the fat on your liver, and could aid in weight loss.  Of course I found this intriguing, but Dr. Oz talks almost daily about different things that can aid with weight loss, so I took it was a grain of salt.

One of my Facebook friends posted the picture on the right about a Jillian Michaels flush.  There it was--dandelion tea again!  If all of those experts think there is something to it, why not give it a try.  Since my change of the week was to drink more water I might as well give it a try.

I added the ingredients to my shopping list and went to the store.  The dandelion tea was pretty easy to find in my grocery stores organic/health food section.  The pure cranberry juice was not so easy--everything I was finding was a cranberry blend, or had added sugar, but I found it.  Along with picking up so lemons and distilled water, I was ready.  I came home and tossed the ingredients into a pretty pitcher to make it look more appealing. It was all mixed and ready to drink.

I poured the mixture into a glass and gave it a try.  I was very pleasantly surprised at how tasty it is.  It's like a diluted pink lemonade, but with almost no calories and no sugar--real or artificial   I am hooked!  I have not weighted myself since I starting drinking the mixture, so I can not attest to the weigh loss promise.  What I can attest to is that it makes water alot more appealing to drink and that is a huge plus right there. I have been making the mixture at night and chilling it in the fridge overnight.   I plan to continue to drink it--what is there to lose!

A dream is a wish...

--Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment