Monday, June 18, 2012

Scheduling

Every Sunday evening, my husband and I sit down together with our schedule books.  We talk about what we each have going on for the week.  Since my special needs daughter can only be cared for by myself or my husband, it is essential that I schedule my workouts for the week.  If I do not schedule them, there is a good chance they will not happen.

I try to run Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, and then get some time for cross training Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  This does not always happen because of my husband's work schedule. It's nice to know ahead of time that if this is not going to work out for the week, I can make different plans.  I might flip flop my cross training and running days one week, like this week.  If Mike works late for the day, cross training could be a Turbo Fire while my daughter naps.  Its nice to not be surprised at 9 PM that I did not get my workout in.  It's nice to have it planned into my week.

It is a good idea for everyone to schedule their workouts.  Work, kids, pets, Facebook--life gets in the way.  If it's not written down, then its not a priority.  Don't let your workouts happen by chance.  Make sure YOU come first! 


Do you schedule your workouts?  Do you get them in by chance?  


A dream is a wish...


--Amy


Don't forget about my huge giveaway!  SparkleSkirts, Balancing Act Clothing top, SPIbelt, Nuun and so much more.  Please enter today and support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  Only $5 to enter! 


5 comments:

  1. I agree with you, my husband and I do the same thing. We have very busy schedules with working and school. Sometimes it is easy to get so busy, and completely forget about running or working out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get really angry when I miss a workout! This keeps me stress free too.

      Delete
  2. I admire your scheduling and getting in all those workouts with a family! It is hard enough trying to get workouts in and then planning meals and time with my husband - without kids! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I schedule in my head. Does that count? LOL! I meet with my trainer once a week (so that's planned) and we have a fencing class once a week (so that's scheduled). Then I try to hit the gym 1-2 more times a week after work and have a long run on the weekends. So, while I don't actually write it into my planner I guess I do it so often and just know what I want to do that I do schedule it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally counts!!! How do you like fencing? It sounds really interesting!

      Delete