Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Trip to San Diego


I just got home from an amazing trip to San Diego!  While I had never been to San Diego before, I have been to Southern California many times.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  San Diego is beautiful!  As much as I love Los Angeles, San Diego is so much cleaner and less graffiti covered.  I gave up control when I allowed the Team to make all my travel arrangements.  Stephanie, our TNT staff member, did such a great job planning our trip.

We stayed at the Hyatt Manchester right on the San Diego harbor.  It was beautiful!  Most rooms have a water view.  I shared a room with another Team member, Donielle. The hotel had an outdoor pool on the 4th floor.  I spent time there every evening, frequenting the hot tube that overlooks the San Diego harbor.   We flew US Airways.  While I am still partial to Southwest, US Airways was not bad to fly with. 

We flew into town around lunch time on Friday.  After riding the shuttle and checking into our hotel, most of the Team went to Seaport Village for lunch.  Seaport Village it a cute little boardwalk area of the San Diego harbor.  After lunch, the Team headed to the Expo together (review to come).  After the Expo, the Team cleaned up at the hotel and went to Dick’s Last Resort for a fun dinner. 

On Saturday morning, I went to breakfast with a fun bunch of Team members.  After that I met my friend Rachel at her hotel and we went to the world famous San Diego zoo!  It was so nice.  We saw the panda’s, the elephants, the gorillas, the lions and many, many other animals.  After the zoo, we went back to our hotels to get ready for the Inspiration dinner.  I meet my Team in the hotel lobby and we went to the dinner as a Team.  I will tell you all about the amazing and moving dinner tomorrow.  After dinner, most of the Team went back to the hotel to rest up for the big day in the morning—the race!

We woke up very early for the race.  It was wonderful!  I will tell you all about the race this weekend.  After the race, I went to Sea World with some Team members.  After that, we rode the shuttle back to the hotel to get ready for the victory dinner.  By this time, I had done all of my San Diego must do’s except one—Coronado. After dinner, Stephanie and I rode the ferry over to Coronado Island.  Coronado was so amazingly beautiful.  We walked the old hotel and the beach.  After taking the ferry back to the hotel, I took one last dip in the water view hot tube and packed to go home. 

On Monday morning, I was not ready to leave San Diego, but I was ready to go home and see my kids.  I missed them very much during this amazing trip.  Please stay tuned for my experience at the Expo and the Rock and Roll San Diego Half marathon!

A dream is a wish…

--Amy

4 comments: