Friday, June 22, 2012

My One Year Runiversary


After the Baltimore Women's Classic last year
A year ago from Sunday will be my one year runiversary!  It has been one year since I ran my first official race.  I ran the Baltimore Women's Classic last year as my first official race. It has been my favorite local race so far.  I am not sure why.  Maybe because it was my first race?  Maybe it was the wonderful course along the Baltimore Harbor?  Maybe it was the support I felt because this was an all women's race?  I don't know, but I am really looking forward to this being the first race I do for a second time.  
  
When I started a year and a half ago, I was not sure where this running thing would take me.  I had faith in myself that I could finish the Disney Princess Half Marathon, but beyond that I was not sure.  I am so thankful for where this past year has taken me.  I have met so many friends running.  I found my teammates.  For these things I am so thankful.  


I am so excited to run my first race for a second time.  I still remember my finish time from last year--41:44.  It's the only race I remember my exact time finish time from.  I can't wait to see what my time this year is.  I can't wait to see home much I improved.  I am hoping for shave five minutes off that time.  


I am also excited to have my second BWC shirt and goody bag.  If you remember, the shirt and goody bag were pretty awesome!  The shirt was a royal blue New Balance.  The race goody bag was to this day the best goody bag I have ever seen.  


Please wish me luck!  I can't wait to tell you all about it!


A dream is a wish...


--Amy




12 comments:

  1. the mark of a year!! how exciting! Hope to run into you there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee! Congrats! I am sure you will do awesome! Have FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation! I just started follwong your blog and I love it! You're such an inspiration! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Runiversary!! You are such an inspiration and an awesome person!! I feel priviliged to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your race tomorrow! Run strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome mark. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete