Friday, July 15, 2011

Runner's World Magizine

A few days ago I got my very first issue of Runners World.  When I first ordered the subscription I did not know what to expect, but for ten bucks for ten issues, there was little to lose.  When I opened up the magazine and started reading, I was very pleasantly surprised.  Most of the magazine is so timely for me, and I bet many of you too.
First off, the August issue is the Half Marathon Special.  There is a whole section on training for your first half marathon….what to expect, how to train, are you ready.  They also include a training guide. The issue also has a guide to stylish running wear.  Most of us, including me, like to look cute when we run and this article really helps with that.  They even review a few running skirts, something I have been researching lately.  A funny part of this issue discusses things that other runners do that make us nuts.  If you remember my review of the BWC a few weeks ago, there was a runner right in front of me that keep spitting and it totally grossed me out!  This is one of the topics discussed in the article. 
I am so glad I ordered this magazine.  I plan to link and discuss in more detail a few of the really great articles this week.  Do you read Runner World?  Do you recommend any other running/fitness magazines? 
As a thank you for reading, I am giving away a Power bar sample pack to one of my followers.  All you have to do is comment below with your favorite training tip by 9 PM Sunday and I will randomly draw a winner.  I will comment below who the winner is. 
I have some great giveaways line up for the next few weeks!  Stay tuned!
A dream is a wish your heart makes......

--Amy
Disney Princess Half Marathon registration is open!  I am registered!  Are you?

10 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to start subscribing to Runner's World, and just haven't done it... Happy to say this morning I did :) I get a ton of other health and fitness magazines... I love them!

    Even though I am new to training, something I learned this last week is no matter how much I hate treadmill running, and love outside running, I need to make sure I train at least part of the time on the treadmill so that I work on my speed a little more accurately! I have been doing the Galloway training, and it was so much harder on the treadmill because I couldn't cheat on my speed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a newbie but one thing I have learned is that I get my best workout in early in the morning. Living in FL, I have to run before the heat and humidity kicks in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get Runners World and I love it! Another one that I like is Women's Running Magazine! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Runner's World is great, in fact it is the only magazine that I get. To me, the most important thing is to remember that you are only running against yourself. When I think of other people who run faster and longer, I tend to overdo it, stress out and not have any more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my first issue of Runner's World in the mail. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but I like what I'm reading so far!

    My best tip is to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate (especially with the extreme heat we have had lately)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also just got this issue. I cut my issues up and I have a folder of ideas and running products I would eventually like to try. I even just cut out websites to look at as well and maybe even a race or 2 I would one day like to try out in a different state.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The winner is KT80! Please e-mail me your home address and I will get the Powerbar prize pack right out to you!

    Thanks for the great suggestions everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry--e-mail address:

    amysmith7@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am registered!!

    Thanks for pointing out this issue - I picked up a copy for myself today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always getting a little giddy when I get my new issue. I LOVE that magazine. It wa ultimately what made me decide to do the Tinkerbell Half Marathon.

    ReplyDelete