Thursday, July 7, 2011

What are your training plans?

Most of us here are runners.  We are all training for our various events, but most of us are training for the Disney Princess Half Marathon.   
I have just finished Couch to 5k and next I am going to move on to the Jeff Galloway training that comes with Disney Princess Half Marathon registration.  I am also the spin class queen at my gym.  On days I don’t run or take spin, I do Turbo Fire videos.  I have review Turbo Fire in a previous post. 
I am looking for some new cross training options.  I have read that running every day is not good for your body, and that doing the same workouts over and over stops working once your body gets used to it.
 What are you doing to cross train?  What running program do you do?  How about strenght training plans?  What are your opinions of your workout?  Thanks everyone!
Now on to the big news—the SPIbelt winner is:  Elise Becker!!!  Elise, e-mail me at amysmith7@comcast.net and send me your mailing address.  I will pass it along to SPIbelts and they will get your hot pink SPIbelt right out to you!
A dream is a wish your heart makes......

--Amy

Disney Princess Half Marathon registration is open!  I am registered!  Are you?

I also wanted to let everyone know that I have been accepted into a Blogorama Bonanza!  It is a group of 200 bloggers who will all be doing big giveaways at the same time.  Keep an eye out for this huge event!  If you are a blogger, please check and join! 
****I have been working hard to set up some more GREAT giveaways for you!  Keep an eye on my blog to find out what they are!

11 comments:

  1. I did Couch 2 5K as well and am planning to do the Jeff Galloway plan for the half once it comes out. I have not really cross trained but I know I should. I'm not registered yet but will be shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! I'm so excited!! But on the cross training... I have been saying that I am going to get more serious about that, and I keep reverting back to just my running... But I really love lifting... I feel strong (even though I don't lift that heavy of weights) I also love Spin when I make it there! I am resolving again that I will get back into my cross training schedule! Gonna start Monday! (keeping the niece this weekend, so I cant really start til Monday) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I got linked to your blog through the Baltimore Women's Classic post on your blog! I was at the BWC too and am registered for the Disney Princess Half as well!! So excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm training for the Hershey 1/2 in October. I've used the Hal Higdon program for the past 4 weeks and love it. I have to admit that I'm not very good at cross training. It usually becomes a walk day or family game of tennis. Good luck and I'm looking forward to reading about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun Blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also using C25K and plan to use Jeff Galloway plan for Princess. Haven't registered yet but will soon. Haven' started cross training though. Not sure what to do yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on the fence about the Princess 1/2. I am doing the Wine and Dine this October, and really want to do the 1/2. I am considering doing the 5k instead, which is less $ and would be a good chance to focus on speedwork over the winter. IDK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you on the Princess Half board.

    I tried C25k, got frustrated. I'm not good at following directions. Yesterday, I tried a run/walk interval (4/1), but early on I was frustrated because I didn't want to stop running to walk...but then I didn't want to mess up the easy numbers. I finished using the 4/1, and will try it again, but I don't see myself as an interval runner.

    In terms of cross training...yea. I'm SO much better at that than running (I'm the one who doesn't train for a half and then gets mad because my time was so slow!). Once a week I workout with kettlebells & do some other random strength/cardio stuff (whatever my kettlebell instructor has me do), once a week I box, and a few times a week I use the elliptical and/or go for a walk. Both kettlebells and boxing have ab work at the end of class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right now, I'm using the bike to cross train. Loving that! I also just bought Wii Zumba and have done two workouts. It's been fun so far. I'm also now trying to get some yoga in. The Wii Fit has a bunch of yoga exercises that I want to work on this time around. I think I would have been better had I worked on my core more. I'm hoping adding in the yoga will help.

    I'm using the walk/run Galloway program this time around. Last time I just ran and ended with 3:21:11 as a finish time. I want to get faster and I'm hoping saving some energy during the run with walking breaks lets me go faster overall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower! I also am just finishing up the couch to 5k and am running in the Disney Princess 1/2 as well!! Come check out my blog if you get a chance!irunforcookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the great idea! My routine is really getting old...spin, running, spin, running....you get it! I am going to start strength training(I know, you have heard that before LOL).

    Welcom Mallory!

    ReplyDelete