Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Dreadmill...

I am a total cold wimp--if its below 40 degrees, I am not going out!  I think that is the Southern Californian coming out in me but I HATE cold.  I hate being cold, I hate the feel of the cold air stinging my lungs, I hate all the bundling up, I hate when my nose runs uncontrollably.  Cold and I just do not get alone!  Since I live in Pennsylvania, I can not escape it.  From November to March it gets cold here.  Since running outside in weather under 40 degrees is just not acceptable to me, I spend a lot of time on the dreadmill.

I am already starting to grow tired of the dreadmill.  Its just so boring!  I watch the clock.  One minute feels like an hour....am I done yet?  I guess I have been doing a lot of complaining about the treadmill lately because a friend tweeted me this article from "Runner's World."  The article points out some of the good things about the treadmill.  You can do hills repeats without hunting for the perfect hill, or having run down it over and over.  You don't have worry about your splits because the belts holds a constant pace. Some I will add myself are that you don't have to worry about getting hit by a car, getting kidnapped, attacked by an animal, slipping on the ice--and you don't have to go out in the freezing cold everyday!  I hate to be negative, so I am really trying to keep the good things about the treadmill in my mind when every I feel dread about hoping on.  I try to tell myself how fortunate I am to be able and healthy enough to run.

With all the good Disney races (Tink and Princess) scheduled for when its cold in good old PA, I guess I better get used to the treadmill. Do you use a treadmill?  Do you love it or hate it?

A dream is a wish...

--Amy

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I don't mind it. I bring my phone so I can text/fb/tweet during my walk breaks (I do Galloway method 4:1) and have music and the TV. I think I'm a bit of an oddity though in that I don't hate the treadmill. Here's what I do to stay semi-sane! :) http://www.werundisney.com/2012/10/training-tuesday-treadmill-tips.html

    ReplyDelete